An Official publication of The Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons (AsianCNS)

Search Article
Home About us Editorial board Search Ahead of print Current issue Archives Submit article Instructions Advertise Subscribe Contacts Login  Facebook Tweeter
  Users Online: 246 Home Print this page Email this page Small font sizeDefault font sizeIncrease font size  
 
CASE REPORT
Ahead of Print

A rare case of solid calcified intramedullary neurenteric cyst: Case report and technical note


 Department of Neurosurgery, G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi, India

Correspondence Address:
Krishna Chaitanya Joshi,
Department of Neurosurgery, G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi 110 002
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None

Neurenteric cysts are rare lesions of the spinal cord, constituting less than 1.3% of all spinal cord tumors. Approximately 90% of neurenteric cysts are located in the intradural extramedullary compartment, while the remaining 10% are divided between an intradural intramedullary or extradural location. They are usually extramedullary and found in the lower cervical and thoracic spine. We report a case of 8 year old child with totally solid calcified intramedullary cyst which has hitherto not been reported in literature. We discuss the challenges faced in the diagnosis and surgical management of such lesions and a brief review of pertinent literature.


Print this article
Search
 Back
 
  Search Pubmed for
 
    -  Joshi KC
    -  Singh D
    -  Suggala S
    -  Mewada T
 Citation Manager
 Article Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed984    
    PDF Downloaded36    

Recommend this journal